THE WILD BEAUTY GUIDE TO A GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP
Posted by TEAM WILD BEAUTY
It may come as no surprise to learn that problems with sleep can affect how we feel physically and mentally and how we feel, can in turn affect how we sleep.
Adults up to the age of 64, need 7-9 hours of sleep per night* however almost 1 in 5 people in the UK aren’t getting enough sleep. Poor sleep can lead to low energy and mood, reduced concentration, and can negatively impact our relationships, immune system, work, and social life. Causes of sleep disturbance can vary from being stressed about life events, worrying about not falling asleep, which then causes a vicious cycle, or environmental factors, such as too much light or too much noise.
Whilst many of us will experience sleep disturbance issues at some point in our lives, the good news is that these usually aren’t serious and resolve themselves eventually.
How can we improve our sleep?
Would you be surprised to learn that the secret to a good night’s sleep takes a bit of planning? We’ve listed some tips below to help get some quality ZZZZZ’s
1. Think ahead! Make your bed in the morning, a fresh, made bed to get into is much more appealing than a crumpled mess.
2. Declutter your space - a clear and clean space promotes a relaxing environment that is more conducive to sleep.
3. Try and have a regular bedtime and waking up routine that your body can get used to
4. Regular exercise can help reduce tension and aid a good night’s sleep, however, avoid vigorous exercise late at night which will only serve to agitate your system when you want to calm it down!
5. Avoid eating late at night and try to have your final meal a good 2-3 hours before bed to give your system time to digest it properly.
6. Avoid consuming caffeine, alcohol, or nicotine around bedtime as they can interfere with the process of falling asleep and instead try a calming herbal tea or warm, milky drink.
7. Switch off smart phones and tablets 30mins before bed to calm the mind and avoid reading messages or emails in the run up to bed to avoid added stress.
8. Keep your bedroom relatively cool, an ideal bedroom temperature is around 16-18°C (60-65°F) anything too hot or too cold can impact sleep.
9. Try a mindfulness app such as Calm before bed, there is a huge selection of soundscapes and stories to help you drift off.
Create a restful bedroom environment
Lucie Annabel Home says: "Our bedrooms are our own special sanctuary, a place we can escape to at the end of a busy day! We recommend opting for calming, tranquil tones to enhance your resting space for the perfect eight hours of sleep. Create a feature wall with one of our nature inspired or floral designs, our Whimsical Willow design in a palette of Windsor Cream and Thyme provides the perfect soothing backdrop. Add interest to the space with textured bed linen and soft lighting to create a cosy oasis."
It’s important to keep the room uncluttered to help set the tone for the perfect night's sleep. Striped wallpaper can prevent the space looking too busy, our Heritage Stripe wallpaper in Vintage Rose and Vintage Cream features pastel pink vertical stripes in varying widths - an excellent way to add colour to the space without overpowering. Incorporate earthy elements such as a fresh bouquet of flowers to connect with nature, and light an aromatherapy candle to destress and unwind." @lucieannabelhome
This World Sleep Day, let Wild Beauty set the scene for a restful slumber and sweet dreams!
A good bedtime routine can signal to the brain that bedtime is near and is a super self-care ritual:
* Cleanse skin thoroughly with our cleansing balm which contains notes of Chamomile and Rose to calm and de stress, wash off with warm water and a muslin cloth.
* A warm bath with relaxing scents such as Lavender and camomile can really help relax the body in preparation for sleep.
* After applying your serum, massage in our restorative overnight cream with evening primrose which contains Frankincense oil to relax and nourish.
Finish with an eye cream lightly pressed in around the eye area and relax!
Sale 70% Off
Title for image